วันเสาร์ที่ 18 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2552

What airline should I apply for to become a flight attendant?

I have an interview with skywest airlines on tuesday the 18th. The only potential problem is that they are based out of Tuscon and I live in Phoenix. If they happen to give me Tuscon, will if be difficult to commute by flight to work everyday?? Looking for a flight attendant with experience to help me out.

Also, how long of a time from after training are you given to relocate to your assigned city/base? I found it a little odd that you find out where you relocate 'after' training...???

In addition, what airline should I apply for if I'm looking to be based out of phoenix or southern california?

I have applied with southwest and I was denied the position, more than likely because I wasn't recruited for the interview to begin wiht (ooops).

Thanks for the help!

PS I'm a 21 year old female if that info is somewhow relevant.


A flight attendant you must relocate, no choice.

Only USAIr in based in Phoenix.

If you want to be a flight attendant, you HAVE TO be flexible as where to live and time of work.

I have been a f/a with AmericanAirlines for several years. You have GOT to be extremely flexible to work in this position. It is not as glamorous as it may seem. Everything in the airlines is based on seniority and as a new hire you will have none. You have to be willing to go where they say.. PERIOD. Your life will not be your own for the first year or so but once you get some seniority you'll have more choices as to where you fly, where you're based, etc. If you're lucky enough to get based in AZ you can drive from PHX to TUS. I drive 2 and a half hrs to the airport for my trips. Bear in mind this is not your typical 9-5 job. I think you need to find out much more about what the job entails before commiting to it.

Mesa Airlines also has a base in Phoenix.

Keep in mind that you may not get the base you want in training, and should be prepared to commute or relocate until you you get it.

Commuting is hard work, and will make your work days longer and can cost you additional expense. If your commute flight is late, and you miss your working flight, you will eventually get fired, even if the late flight is on your own airline.

Expenses of commuting, including gas, food, hotels, rental cars, etc. are not reimbursed by your airline. As far as your airline is concerned, all their commuters "live" at their base city.

If you think you're qualified to become a flight attendant and willing to work in a domestic or international airline then apply to where there's vacancy. If you get the job, transfer your residence to a place nearest your base.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น