วันอาทิตย์ที่ 26 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2552

What are good jobs in the airline industry?

I have a bachelors in business and would like to get into the airline industry or into tourism. But I don't really have a clue what positions I should look for and what areas have jobs with a good potential for growth. Does anybody have some suggestions? I am really unsure what to get into.


Well, for starters, airlines hire over 90% of their positions from within. Thus, making getting a good job with an airline hard because you have to get in the door first. I would recommend applying for the high turnover positions. Such spots would be ramp (loading bags) and customer service. Once you're in the airline, you stay in a position for about a year and learn the in's and outs of the airline and how they operate. After your minimum time in a position, then you start looking to move up and about.

I started my airline career as a ramp guy, now I'm one of our station managers where I work. Airlines only hire from within when there is no one else interested in the job. In the tourism industry, it's much the same. Just focus on getting your foot in the door first!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น