วันจันทร์ที่ 27 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Which airline system has the cheapest tickets?

I'm planning a vacation to Hawaii with my boyfriend to get to know him better and to see if he will marry me! I'm so nervous! Anyway, which airline has the cheapest tickets so I dont spend money. I want to spend money on souvenirs.


As someone who flies a great deal to faraway places, I hear people here telling you to go ahead and book with Expedia or Orbitz and I just cringe. I'm intimately involved with both the airlines and travel agency business (don't work there but come from a family that does and experience this stuff regularly). You would be amazed at how many people book through Orbitz or whatever, have their flight cancelled or they get bumped, and then they are left with absolutely zero recourse because you can't call up ol' Orbitz at readily as Continental's customer service line line.

Believe me--if this is a "pre-marriage" trip then you dont' want it to be a nightmare. So go ahead, spend a few extra bucks, and book with an actual airline (by phone, Online, or in person). I recommend Continental. Southwest may go there but it's not as comfy of an airline and that's a long trip (it was a formiddable 9 hours for me a year ago). United also may offer good deals. Just check these big airlines' online fares and also check in your local paper's travel section for deals offered by travel agencies.

The key is accountability which you get with agencies or the airlines themselves. Orbitz cannot guarantee that for you.

It all depends upon when you are going. I don't think there is one airline that is always cheaper than the others. I would check sites like expedia.com, orbitz.com, travelocity.com or cheaptickets.com to find what would be cheapest. Have fun in Hawaii!!

Try

www.travelbydeals.com

It has all the big search engines (orbitz, expedia, kayak, priceline, travelocity) all in one search.

Just fill out one box, and it will search all the sites

If you know someone who works for an airline, then they can get you can get cheap standby tickets.

why don't you take a row boat. it'll take 6 or so months so you should get to know him very well. or you'll hate him for 6 months. i dunno

I have actually had good results from going direct to the

airline websites. Delta.com American.com, Southwest.com.

If you want to you could always call and talk to a real person

they might give you a break!

I answered a similar question a few weeks ago:

www.sidestep.com

They search airline websites as well as search engines (e.g. Orbitz, OneTravel, Travelocity, etc.).

I always use them; however, if you get a deal through them that's at Orbitz, if it's all on one airline, go to that airline's website, and see if it's cheaper there. There may be a difference of +/- $5-10.

Good luck, and happy holidays!

BTW, depending on where you depart, you will probably have at least one layover, and in some cases, you may be switching airlines (e.g. JetBlue from LGA-LAX, and switch to Delta for LAX-HNL; etc.). This means you will have to check in at each airport, but only if it's more than one airline. If you switch airlines on only one leg of the trip, you only have to check in twice (or more, depending on how many airlines you're taking on that leg) for that leg of the trip. Good luck!

depends on the time you want to go cheek out expedia.ca or com

they have all the different air lines and prices.

have fun and I hope you get what your looking for ;)

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น